Front Desk Agent - PM Shift
Company: HEI Hotels
Posted on: January 9, 2022
The Hilton New Orleans Airport is a luxury, full-service hotel
located 15 minutes from the Louis Armstrong International airport
and minutes away from downtown New Orleans and the historic French
Quarter. Here we empower our team members to thrive and reach their
full potential. Our guest's experience starts with excellent
service and that service begins with our team. We are looking for
individuals with a spirit to serve and a passion to develop in
their career. Apply today to learn more about joining the Hilton
New Orleans Airport family!We value U.S. military experience and
invite all qualified military candidates to apply. Assist guests
with arrival and departure from hotel, while providing positive
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere
welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and
understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide
accurate information such as outlet hours and local
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving
information from a computer system, confirming pertinent
information including number of guests and room rate. Promote HEI
Hotels and Resorts and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate
selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys.
Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome
folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment
center keys as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using
electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance
an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler's
checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at
current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house
accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear
communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages
and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small
packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain
satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate
compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop
the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and
extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price
conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations
and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by
using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, and college degree
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare
moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and
continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a
moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!For your physical and mental wellness we offer
competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to
you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday
benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of
coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance
as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings
Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and
Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for
choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts
is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and
other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: HEI Hotels, Kenner , Front Desk Agent - PM Shift, Sales , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!