Regional Career Development Coordinator
Company: Home Builders Institute Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2023
HBI has been training and educating America's home construction
workforce for more than 40 years. Our proven business model has
helped countless individuals create long-term career opportunities.
Over the years, we have continued to build our program offerings
and expand our footprint in the construction industry. From
innovative initiatives to creative partnerships, we remain
committed to building careers and changing lives. Our programs
teach highly sought-after technical construction trades and
entrepreneurship to youth aged 16-24 in our Job Corps programs,
Military Services, our Academies, and programs for adults and youth
operating behind the fence in correctional facilities. GENERAL
DESCRIPTION: Under the direct supervision of the Operations
Manager, assists with and coordinates the day-to-day activities,
projects, instructional operations, job development, and placement
for the PACT Programs. This position will attend statewide meetings
representing HBI and will support the development program
initiatives. Please note, This position is not remote. PRIMARY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates activities and cooperation between HBI program
partners, off-site community-based organizations, project
construction contractors and their subcontractors and others.
- Fosters a positive working relationship with and between
funders, program partners, and other personnel.
- Serves as HBI's liaison and spokesperson to program
- Assists instructors with identifying community service project
opportunities that enhance the learning experience of the
- Provides employability skills training to participants,
contacts prospective employers, and develops job opportunities for
graduates when appropriate.
- Works closely with WTE team members in fulfilling placement and
follow-up needs of programs as applicable with documentation.
- Regularly communicates with the National Placement Manager and
peers in other regions for job development and placement
opportunities for students relocating to other areas.
- Places students in employment as required by contractual
- Conducts periodic follow-ups on students' progress after the
initial job placement.
- Develops job/career placement opportunities for all PACT
- Places PACT graduates in full-time employment with industry
- Develops contacts, facilitates classroom visits and
disseminates information to builders, contractors, and related
- Observes training classes and assists instructors when needed
to include curriculum and program design, becoming acquainted with
participants, assisting instructors or participants with
- Implements and participates in outreach and recruitment
- Plans, supervises and participates in group orientations and
small group interviews, introducing prospective students to the
- Approves and submits statistical reports, as required, to
- Supervises employment follow-up for program graduates.
- Assists instructors with distribution and inventory of tools,
materials and equipment to students.
- Collaborates with NPM and other RCDCs Nationwide to connect the
most opportunities available to all HBI Academy Graduates
- Recruits screens and selects the most appropriate students for
the program to ensure contractual obligations are satisfied.
- Maintains accurate and current program files.
- Ensures compliance with contractual requirements.
- Ensures compliance with applicable HBI quality standards.
- Represents HBI at conferences, functions, and meetings with an
eye towards program development.
- Depending on program or funder requirements, may need to
complete Protective Action Response training, an extensive criminal
background screening, and/or a workplace productivity
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or
designee. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Internal: Communicates with the
Associate Vice President, Operations Manager, National Placement
Manager, Regional Program Manager, Recruiters, Instructors and
other RCDC'sExternal: Communicates with program partners, funders,
Home Builders Associations and other partner agencies, employers,
and community non-profit organizations. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Education Bachelor's degree in a human services or related field,
or an equivalent combination of training, skills and experience.
- A Minimum of one (1) year related experience (e.g., career
development, counseling, and/or project/program management, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of
individuals, including government, industry, trade associations,
labor organizations, journey and master-level crafts people,
managers and instructors.
- Budget oversight and development experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
- Excellent supervisory skills including hiring, coaching, staff
development, discipline, and performance management.
- Knowledge of the construction trades preferred.
- Work and/or involvement with job placement for hard-to-serve
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. WORKING
CONDITIONS: Usual office-type working conditions. Routine physical
conditions include walking, carrying, standing, hearing/listening
and sitting. HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or any other protected characteristic as established by
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Home Builders Institute Inc, Kenner , Regional Career Development Coordinator, Other , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!