Company: Hammerman & Gainer, LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Construction Estimator - Hammerman & Gainer, LLC*
Hammerman & Gainer, LLC is a premier provider of disaster response
and recovery, program development and management, staff
augmentation, third party administration, construction management
and claims services to both the public (federal, state and local
government) and private (corporate) sectors.
Our vision and culture are powered by humanity and diversity,
focusing on treating people with dignity and respect, while
standing in partnership with our employees, clients, and
stakeholders to ensure our value system and work products are
*Position*: Construction Estimator
*Pay range: $* (commensurate w/experience)
We are seeking an experienced Construction Estimator who will draw
up, estimate, and determine the overall costs of a new or existing
construction project. This candidate will create a list with all
the needed materials and must have the ability to write down an
estimated amount necessary to complete the client's project.
*We offer a comprehensive compensation which includes: *
- Competitive salary; benefits package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time
--- A bachelor's degree in mathematics, architecture, engineering,
construction management, business or a similar field is
--- Certificate in general construction, roofing, electrician
--- At least 5 years of related experience is required, insurance
or disaster recovery related experience preferred.
--- Must be able to demonstrate problem solving skills and the
ability to work on a small-scale project independently or work as
part of a team on a larger project.
--- Strong attention to detail, presentation, client
--- Visual awareness and an eye for detail.
--- Strong math skills including algebra, geometry, and basic
--- Ability to navigate specifications and plans.
--- Proficiency in demonstrating proposals and projects.
--- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once.
--- Knowledge of the latest building codes.
--- Superior communication skills (both verbal and written).
--- Self-starter who can take initiative and drive results, as well
as analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of
--- Exceptionally collaborative, cooperative team player able to
work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepares and estimates budget costs for construction by studying
plans and specifications.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by site requirements, additions, and
- Resolves cost differences by analyzing and collecting info.
- Writes up and presents budgets, reports, and project plans.
- Develops bids for construction projects.
- Works closely with architects and other professionals.
- Schedules meetings with clients, site managers, and staff.
- Navigates and understands building codes.
- Processes paperwork and travels to building sites as
- Monitors construction processes.
- Stays up to date with safety codes and improvements in
- Take the initiative to suggest and/or implement improvements that
will enhance productivity, efficiency, quality, responsiveness,
profitability, client relations, firm reputation, or staff
- Keep staff and management informed of problems or opportunities
that can impact the operation of the business, and/or affect their
clients, projects, or jobs.
- Actively seek feedback and review by colleagues.
- Take responsibility for seeking business opportunities,
beneficial relationships, and networking, and work with management
to pursue projects that fit HGI's strengths and goals.
- Take and share photographs of activities and construction site
visits for use in social media, website updates, or other business
- Ensure that office standard for information management and file
storage are adhered to in order to ensure secure storage and speedy
and efficient retrieval of the necessary documentation.
- All other duties assigned
*Physical Requirements: *
* While performing the duties of this job, the individual is
regularly required to speak and hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and the ability to adjust focus.
* Ability to maintain visual attention and mental concentration for
significant periods of time.
- Occasionally required to lift and carry 20 pounds or less.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Bachelor's (Required)
* related: 5 years (Required)
* General Construction, roofing or electrical certificate?
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Hammerman & Gainer, LLC, Kenner , Construction Estimator, Other , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!