10k Sign On Bonus! - Radiologic Technologist - Ortho/Xray - Kenner - FT
Company: Ochsner Health
Posted on: May 11, 2022
This job is responsible for assessing patients and safely
performing routine radiographic procedures in accordance with
prescribed safety procedures and protocols. This job is a clinical
mentor for junior staff and students. EducationRequired -
-Completion of a Radiologic Technology program in an AMA approved
schoolWork ExperienceRequired - -NonePreferred - Healthcare
experienceCertificationsRequired - -Registered by the American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)Current license in the
state of practiceBasic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart
AssociationKnowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry
and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various
software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.Job Duties
- Verifies physician order and procedure to assure accuracy
- Utilizes radiology information systems to facilitate care
- Explains procedure to patient to ensure understanding
- Independently operates equipment to complete imaging procedure
according to protocol (may include placement of nasogastric tubes,
IVs, urinary catheters, and administration of contrast)
- Reviews patient images prior to transmission to ensure images
meet diagnostic quality standards.
- Completes timely quality control procedures in accordance with
regulatory standards and performing notification/remediation as
- Assists in the facilitation of departmental operations
(inventory, staff schedules, equipment maintenance, etc.)
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including
but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to
the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be
performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.Ochsner is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Physical and
Environmental DemandsThe physical essential functions of this job
include (but are not limited to) the following: - -Frequently
exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally
exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements
are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Because the incumbent works
within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for
exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the
environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation,
dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of
contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase
depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Keywords: Ochsner Health, Kenner , 10k Sign On Bonus! - Radiologic Technologist - Ortho/Xray - Kenner - FT, Other , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!