Veterans Preferred - Care Promoter 1
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. - We're unique. You
should be, too.
We're changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team
members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your
work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with
your kindness and joy?
We're different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly
expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Care Promoter 1 is an unlicensed medical professional
cross-trained to perform routine administrative and clinical tasks
to keep the medical centers running smoothly. The duties of Care
Promoter 1 vary from setting to setting, depending on the size,
location and type. In addition to administrative duties, Care
Promoters perform clinical duties under direct physician
supervision in accordance with state medical practice acts. The
Care Promoter 1 is an integral member of a Physician-lead Care Team
that is focused on providing excellent and comprehensive primary
care for a specific population of patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measures and records patient vital signs; records patient
interview and medical history.
- Catalogs and communicates patient needs to the PCP, Clinician,
Specialist and/or other clinical personnel.
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine
screening tests; assists physician with exams; explains treatment
procedures and physicians' instructions to patient.
- Observes patients and reports any changes in patient conditions
to the PCP, Clinician, Specialist and/or other clinical
- Perform non-critical medical and therapeutic procedures based
on medical instructions. Collects phlebotomy and other lab
specimens; performs basic waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications; changes dressings,
applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures;
uses CPR skills when necessary, all under physician
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes
instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate,
legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing
them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain
and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in
prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with
appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and
ethical professional conduct; authorized individuals will use the
ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- Provides health coaching to a defined group of patients to
support healthy lifestyle choices. Follows up with coached patients
via weekly calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager's
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a
heart of compassion and empathy towards our patients and
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, time
management skills and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and partner with team
members, including physicians and other clinicians, market leaders,
center managers, nurses, case managers, front desk staff, center
managers, and market leaders
- Mindset focused on resolving problems for patients and
achieving team goals
- Knowledge of medical products, terminology, services,
standards, policies and procedures
- Skilled in basic phone and computer operation
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure
timely patient flow
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including
Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel plus a variety of other
word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and/or regionally up
to 10% of the time to assist in covering other centers, as
- Spoken and written fluency in English
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and
changing America's healthcare for the better. Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we
hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career
development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our
employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow.
Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every single
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent education (GED)
- Graduation from a nationally accredited Medical Assistant
program OR comparable healthcare vocational training (i.e.
foreign-trained physician, paramedic, etc.) required
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience as a Medical Assistant,
Patient Care Technician or similar in a hospital, medical clinic or
comparable environment OR documented clinical rotation training can
be substituted for work experience
- BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus
- EMR system experience preferred
Keywords: ChenMed, Kenner , Veterans Preferred - Care Promoter 1, Other , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!