collaboration with staff radiologists, this job has advanced
certification in Mammography and assesses patients and safely
performs advanced breast imaging procedures in accordance with
prescribed radiation safety procedures and protocols. This job is a
clinical mentor for junior staff and students.
Required - Completion of a formal training program in
Radiologic Technology program in an AMA approved school
Preferred - One year healthcare experience
Required - Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologist (AART). Current license in the state of
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American
Advanced certification in mammography(within one year of hire or
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry
and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various
software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Verifies physician order and procedure to assure accuracy.
- Utilizes radiology information systems to facilitate care.
- Explains procedure to patient to ensure understanding.
- Independently operates equipment to complete imaging procedure
according to protocol.
- Reviews patient images prior to transmission to ensure images
meet diagnostic quality standards.
- Completes timely quality control procedures in accordance with
regulatory standards and performing notification/remediation as
- Assists in the facilitation of departmental operations
(inventory, staff schedules, equipment maintenance,
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including
but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to
the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be
performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
Other related duties as required. The above
statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They
are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities,
duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description
amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are
not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20
pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100
pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of
those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare
setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous
medications or hazardous waste within the environment through
receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing,
administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The
risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job
duties of the role.