Company: Revolution Foods
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods,
which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods
we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay,
and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Kenner, LA
- May work some weekends based on business need
- Position is immediately available
The Dispatch Manager is responsible for managing a fast-paced
transportation and delivery department to deliver food products for
school meals. They manage our daily "service team" and delivery
drivers, who have daily interaction with our school partners. They
are also responsible for customer satisfaction, route planning,
timely deliveries, fleet management, re-therm, staging, product
quality, safety and compliance. The Distribution Manager and the
team of drivers are the "face" of Revolution Foods. The operation
is a fast-paced, food production/assembly environment where our
commitment to our customers is demonstrated by operational
excellence. If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for directing staff and operational control over
the Driving team members.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality, accuracy and
- Actively manages the planning, scheduling, and logistics
associated with making customer deliveries.
- Work with team members to ensure staging, heating, accurate
product counts, verification, deliveries, and excellent customer
- Assure that safety is the number one priority for all
personnel, above all other goals and objectives.
- Responsible to administering business procedures, protocol and
procedures that support the dispatch department related functions
and support best practices.
- Plan, direct and manage team members to meet business
objectives. Responsible for interviewing, scheduling, assigning
work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other
departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and
disciplining staff. Responsible for professional development and
- Ensure team follows SOP's, dress code requirements and daily
routines. Enforces and implements good operational procedures such
as daily check sheets, resulting in minimal vehicle or equipment
- Ensure full compliance to the fleet management program, team
member training, verifications, annual physical, drug tests,
- Responsible for fleet maintenance, fuel reconciliation, DMV
registration, refrigeration systems on the fleet, preventive
maintenance plans, investigating vehicle accidents and employee
- Motivate the workers to achieve daily goals and bring the
company's values and management principles alive in the
- Build and maintain excellent customer relations, acting
proactively to resolve potential issues and adapting to
ever-changing business environments.
- Communicate goals for driving safety, work comp injury
prevention, and property damage prevention
- Monitor vehicle tracking software, give feedback to team
members abut results, deliver regular safety messages.
- Actively coach, train and develop team to build confidence,
implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results.
Eliminates daily barriers to support positive results.
- Work in collaboration with the operating management team to
ensure a best in class
- Provide training and motivation to team members, using
recognition, and positive feedback. Ensure team enforce rules,
follow protocol and policies.
- Provide direct Supervision, development, guidance and coaching
to team members. Develop team members to understand processes,
methods, controls and systems.
- Build trust & respect. Diffuse conflict. Delegate assignments
to Team Leads or team members.
- Understand and monitor KPI's, department targets, and the root
cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP's, food safety,
visual quality and PPE requirements. Set priorities and gives
direction based upon the daily plan. Control labor costs.
- Support our Green Waste Program, ensuring waste products are
properly sorted and accounted for.
- May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks that
may include inventory, verifying shipments and receiving documents,
typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information
and KPI's, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying,
scanning, etc. Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience actively managing a fleet with
daily routing within a multi-county demographic area.
- Logistics or Supply chain experience within a fresh food or
- Related Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation,
Culinary Arts, food safety or management is preferred. OR
equivalent work experience that demonstrates controls and
compliance knowledge related to fleet management and employment
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working
under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A Metrics-driven mindset with analytical skills.
- Ability to achieve objectives thru others.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Ability to motivate and develop team members. Ability to
deliver tough messages and ways of working.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and
interpersonal relationship skills.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to determine root
cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solving
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company's
business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company
prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed
(including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital
or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or
ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical
condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military
or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Revolution Foods, Kenner , Dispatch Manager, Other , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!