Purchasing Manager (Evergreen)
Company: Revolution Foods
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are always accepting applications for our Purchasing Manager
roles across the country. Apply today to be considered during our
next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods,
which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods
we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay,
and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for purchasing all food
products for meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks) which we
provide daily to local schools and community-based organizations.
They are responsible for all product ordering (e.g. broad-line
distribution, direct orders, produce, and packaging) inventory, and
spec compliance. More specifically, this includes planning,
purchasing, placing PO's, receiving product, overseeing inventory,
managing vendor relations, and processing required reports. The
Purchasing Manager will always be looking for new product and
innovation that we can use in our menus. We are looking for
reliable, hardworking team members. If this is you, apply with us
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily purchasing - purchases according to menu planning,
product specifications, and COGs control system using costing tools
and budgets as directed by the G.M.
- Determines, places and confirms all purchase orders -
correct/efficient ordering patterns/cycles i.e. even pallets.
- Adheres to Master Specification List - ordering Rev Foods
spec'd products only.
- Orders new products in a timely manner to arrive prior to menu
date. Discontinues products as directed by Senior Director of
- Minimizes Stock out/emergency protocol.
- Manages frequency of delivery vs. storage space and menu
- Participates and provides input (specifics) with Menu
- Books freight when needed. Coordinates shipping/receiving of
product to/from off-site facilities.
- Manages USDA Foods, if applicable.
- Manages the procedures for ordering, receiving, storing, and
packaging meals and foods items in large quantities. Implements and
maintains "first in first out" principles of inventory
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
all internal departments and employees.
- Ensures food and packaging returns and credits are accurately
processed as directed by the G.M.
- Coordinates product quality issues and vendor performance with
Director of Purchasing & Quality Assurance.
- Enters all Merchandise Arrivals.
- Maintains positive manufacturer/distributor relationships.
- Manages all weekly mandatory COGS, including all reports.
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and
effective communication in the production facility and when
interfacing with outside clientele.
- Works with Production Manager to oversee daily waste log and
accuracy of waste cost reporting.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the
supervision of the receiving staff.
- Manages the Fruit Rotation & Compliance, as it relates to
purchasing (i.e., purchasing correct sizes/varieties).
- Manages the overall process of taking inventory, including
input and reports.
- Responsible for information in Rev Foods purchasing system
(Eatec): purchasing, receiving, updating pricing, inventory
- Adheres to the Federal, State, and District rules and
regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition
- Complies with all state and federal Health and Safety
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on
requests in a timely manner.
- 2-3 years food purchasing and vendor management
- Proven experience training and developing a team.
- Food service experience preferred.
- High volume and large batch cooking experience
- Competence with long lead times.
- Perpetual inventory system experience and ordering depletion
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills with Excel, database
systems, etc. Ability to use Outlook and to quickly learn new
programs is required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive needed to work effectively
within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Ability to work well with others and participate as part of a
- Ability to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with
keen attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements
- Bilingual/multilingual is a plus.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company's
business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company
prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed
(including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital
or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or
ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical
condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military
or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Revolution Foods, Kenner , Purchasing Manager (Evergreen), Other , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!