Quality Assurance Manager (Evergreen)
Company: Revolution Foods
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are always accepting applications for our Quality Assurance
Manager positions across the country. Apply today to be considered
during our next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods,
which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods
we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay,
and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
The QA Manager is responsible for managing the Quality Assurance
department within a Revolution Foods factory. Ensures maximum food
safety and ensures sanitation standards are in full compliance of
legislative, company standards, and specifications. The QA Manager
is responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining Quality
Assurance systems and programs to assure product integrity and
compliance with SQF, GMP's, HAACP, company regulatory and customer
standards. They also promotes healthy, clean processing standards,
documentation, training and employee development. If this is you,
apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for applying knowledge of fresh food quality,
systems, processing, controls, packaging and labeling to ensure
full compliance in a chilled fresh food environment. Develops good
relations with regulatory representatives and responds to needs for
technical information and documentation. Provides training and
motivation to team members, using recognition, and positive
feedback. Gives direction based upon the daily production plan, raw
material specs, recipes, and assembly requirements.
- Responsible to ensure department(s) operate at maximum
efficiency and demonstrate the highest level of food safety
standards. Bring the company's values and management principles
- Responsible to oversee and manage the safe production of fresh
food concepts that meet company objectives. Monitor, report and fix
raw material and processing deviations to standards.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to
ensure best in class
- Responsible for implementation and training GMP's and
compliance with regulatory standards.
- Works closely with the processing team to document product
runs, results, timing, proper date codes, samples and trials.
- Responsible to ensure the highest quality standards and good
business relations are maintained with customers and governing
agency representatives, such as USDA and FDA. This must be done
within a strict and ever-changing regulatory framework around the
treatment of food.
- Verifies food safety and quality within the operation and from
supplier factories from raw material stage to finished product.
Verifies texture, visual quality, shelf life, extended shelf life,
temperature logs, packing alternatives, etc.
- Trains team members and visitors on GMP's, sanitation and food
security standards required by GMP's, HACCP, CCP's and QA related
- Plan, coordinate and motivate team members to meet business
- Prepare and monitor QA procedures at the site in conjunction
with Technical Manager.
- Deliver and implement procedures to maintain proper protocol.
Will prepare regular reports and KPI's to establish daily
accomplishments and efforts toward meeting objectives.
- May oversee the launch of new products or trials, gathering and
documenting customer and employee feedback. May participate in
sensory and test panels, documenting the results.
- Actively coach, train and develop team members to build
confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI
results. Eliminates daily barriers to support positive
- Develops team members to understand processes, methods,
controls and systems. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict.
Delegates assignments to Team Leads or team members.
- Will liaise with 3rd party vendors, account representatives,
and customers. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and
demeanor as a business representative. Handles complaints according
to established guidelines.
- Ensures staff enforce rules, adhere to safety, food safety,
company policies and procedures. .
- Supports our green waste program, ensuring waste products are
properly sorted and accounted for.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include
typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information
and KPI's, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying,
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience actively managing a fresh food
Quality Assurance program in a fast-paced food production
- Advanced education or related degree in Food Science, food
related technology, safety or management is preferred.
- Certification and training in HACCP, Food Handling/ ServSafe,
- Experience working with regulatory agency representatives such
as USDA, FDA, SQF and BRC certification requirements is
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company's
business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company
prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed
(including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital
or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or
ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical
condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military
or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Revolution Foods, Kenner , Quality Assurance Manager (Evergreen), Other , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!