Materials Handler (Linebacker)
Company: Revolution Foods
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Kenner, LA
- Job Schedule: Monday - Saturday: from 5:30 AM- 2:30 PM
- Starting Pay: $12.00 per hour
- Position is immediately available
The Materials Handler ("Linebacker") is responsible for counting
and staging raw materials for use on the production lines for the
same day or next day production. The Linebacker is expected to be
an active participant in all aspects of the Production and Packout,
departments from food and material supplies, preparation, and pack
out to cleanup. Monitor and inspect raw food products for quality
and bring issues to the attention of management.
They will keep their space clean and organized at all times. The
Linebacker will maintain proper rotation of products at all times.
They will support the Department Manager with tasks associated with
next day production. They will maintain the cleanliness of the
floors in the staging and work areas. They will participate in the
clean-up after production.We are looking for reliable, hardworking
team members - if this is you, apply with us today
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary duties consist of receiving products, raw materials and
supplies from the warehouse or kitchen staff for use in the
Production and Pack-out departments. Supports the administrative
processes of Revolution Foods HACCP program, maintaining
temperature and waste logs. Verifies what is needed for the daily
plan. Responsible for weighing and accurately counting items or
units to be used in Production.
- Verifies the daily plan for product, supply and menu items
needed for up to 1 week in advance. Understands the material and
food handling requirements, movement routines, quality product and
what good looks like. Coordinates the planning and ordering of
products for Pack-out.
- Monitors food quality standards at all times. Responsible for
double checking counts, proper staging, labeling and placement of
unused products or waste. Supports the green waste compost and
- Open cases and stage products to easily unload and supply
products for use on production lines. May use pallet jacks and
other material handling equipment or move lighter loads
- Responsible for examining product content for qualify. Ensure
partial cases are used before newer product. Assists with packout
of finished products, stacking, sorting, and racking products.
- Responsible for proper inventory counts, proper stock rotation,
stock levels, documenting product rejections, proper storage and
moving products into the WIP or Production storage areas.
- Assists with changeovers, cleaning and sanitizing of production
- Uses computer skills and data entry experience to enter data
into an inventory control data management computer system.
- Adheres to and promotes proper GMP's when working within food
production areas or handling food products.
- Responsible to clean the work area and equipment, regularly
removing empty pallets, wood and plastic.
- May stage rolling racks of food products and organize loading
on delivery trucks using pallet jacks.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This
includes wearing the required PPE in designated areas. Corrects
and/or reports any food safety and food quality related issues to
- May complete a variety of routine admin tasks associated with
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in a food production or food
- Minimum 1 year experience completing inventory counts, admin
tasks or data entry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler, ServSafe and other
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment, with a good
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts and
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working
under pressure and thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will be
responsible for common routines.
- Ability to read, count, follow basic instructions and apply
basic math skills
- Able to work as a team and individually to accomplish the
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods,
which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods
we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay,
and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company's
business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company
prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed
(including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital
or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or
ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical
condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military
or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Revolution Foods, Kenner , Materials Handler (Linebacker), Other , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!