collaboration with interventional radiologists and nursing, this
job, safely prepares for, and scrubs into interventional
procedures. This job has advanced certification in Vascular
Interventional Radiography and provides care in accordance with
prescribed radiation safety procedures and protocols.
Required - Completion of a Radiologic Technology program in
an AMA approved school
Required - None
Preferred - 2 year experience in Interventional
Required - Registered by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
Licensed by the Louisiana State Radiology Technology Board of
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American
Preferred - Advanced certification in Vascular Interventional
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry
and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various
software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Verifies physician order and procedure to assure accuracy.
- Utilizes radiology information systems to facilitate care.
- Explains procedure to patient to ensure understanding.
- Independently operates equipment to complete imaging procedure
according to protocol.
- Reviews patient images prior to transmission to ensure images
meet diagnostic quality standards.
- Completes timely quality control procedures in accordance with
regulatory standards and performing notification/remediation as
- Assists in the facilitation of departmental operations
(inventory, staff schedules, equipment, maintenance, etc.).
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including
but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to
the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be
performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of
work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or
this description amended at any time.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are
not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20
pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100
pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of
those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there
may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or
hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport,
storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or
disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may
increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.