Area Operations Manager (Evergreen)
Company: Revolution Foods
Posted on: May 31, 2021
We are always accepting applications for our Area Operations
Manager roles across the country. Apply today to be considered
during our next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods,
which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods
we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay,
and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
The Area Operations Manager (AOM) has extensive contact with
school representatives and oversee a team members that organize,
prepare, and serve meals for school meal programs within a
designated area, district or region. The AOM supports Revolution
Foods business objectives while exceeding customers' expectations
and facilitates collaboration with the inter-department teams that,
in an integrated way, work to deliver a world-class customer
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Prepares the plan for
preparation of school meals, meal service, and delivery to multiple
school sites. Maintains a culture of respect, hard work,
consistency and effective communication in the kitchen.
- Plans, prepares and executes the daily implementation of
account orders and service.
- Responsible for staff resource planning for service coverage at
school sites, food preparation, and shift coverage over the morning
and afternoon shifts. May provide coverage at schools during
special events and activities, as agreed.
- Responsible for monitoring food and production costs, pricing,
portion controls, quality assurance and controls. Responsible for
the hands-on production duties as needed/required.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation on all contracts to
ensure all school partners follow contractual partnership
requirements and obligations.
- Maintains the highest levels of food safety, sanitation and
cleanliness in all production and service areas. Monitors
cleanliness of all area's in the kitchen environment.
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations
pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation
of food processing facilities and equipment. Ensures the proper use
and care of equipment used in large-scale food operations.
- Review, analyze and train servers on proper ways of working,
procedures and methods, and devise and implement improvements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide overall planning,
direction and support to vendors, team members and assigned school
partners within a defined Market, and to achieve Key Performance
Indicators of customer satisfaction.
- Consistently assess satisfaction with menu offerings, planning
and new product introductions to ensure customer expectations are
met. May recommend product changes based on data review
- Development market forecasts with Account Management team and
FP&A Manager to continually refine plans to optimize financial
performance and productivity.
- Maintain monthly waste log and calculate monthly costs at close
of month end inventory as directed.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the
supervision of the production staff.
- Coaches team members and executes disciplinary actions of
hourly kitchen employees, as needed.
- Understands and monitors KPI's, targets, and the root cause of
poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results.
Responsible to make the right decisions, quickly to achieve plans
for the Company in coordination with team and cross-functional
Preferred Experience and Education:
- 2-4 years of experience Managing a commercial or industrial
kitchen or food service environment. This may be in factory
department management or restaurant management operation with a
broad range of culinary experience and hourly staffing.
- A Hospitality Management, Culinary degree, apprenticeship or
training in a food or nutritional related field. Or, an acceptable
combination of education and experience
- K-12 or Charter School Food service experience a plus and fresh
food meal service is desirable
- Experience and the ability to motivate, train and achieve
results thru a diverse group of team members
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding
of Excel, ERP and/or CRM systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: both orally and
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children
will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the
development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Must be willing to travel frequently within the regional
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups,
leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building
trusting relationships one-on-one
- Results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute plans
successfully and efficiently
- A self-motivated leader with natural problem-solving
capabilities and a positive mindset
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with
keen attention to detail.
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without
dropping the ball on other essential tasks
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company's
business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company
prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed
(including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital
or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or
ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical
condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military
or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Revolution Foods, Kenner , Area Operations Manager (Evergreen), Other , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!