Accounting Intern ($21.00/hr)
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Co-Opportunity/Internship is a chance for you to learn about your
chosen field in a real work environment with experienced GAF
professionals. You'll be involved in high-profile projects as an
integral member of our working teams. During your assignment, you
will have a mentor - someone who will act as a coach to help you
better understand both our company and your work responsibilities.
YOU WILL RECEIVE A COMPETITIVE SALARY AND - DEPENDING ON LOCATION -
A TEMPORARY LIVING ALLOWANCE OR RELOCATION ALLOWANCE.
**SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:**
- Participate in safety and housekeeping programs as required.
- Assist in the monthly financial close and associated reporting as
required. Learn to generate and interpret accurate and concise
- Monitor/Analyze Goods Received Not Billed (GRNB) ensuring
receipts are matched on a timely basis in the A/P systems (CARTA,
- Support understanding of the payroll process including approval
of time; final weekly (day-of-payroll-submission) review of payroll
time card punches for accuracy.
- Inventory control management including raw material and finished
goods cycle counts, month-end reporting and policy adherence.
- Ensure there is no variance between production reported in both
ArcPlan and Peoplesoft.
- Pcard approval and monitoring.
- Month end inventory reporting as required.
- Receipt monitoring for accuracy.
- Detailed Balance Sheet preparation for review by management.
- Maintain BOMs and routings.
- Enter required information into ArcPlan templates during the
- Provide oversight of fixed assets and expensed Storeroom
- Tagging of fixed assets.
- Overall support of the Cost Accounting Manager.
- THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE FULL TIME AVAILABILITY IN THE
SUMMER WITH EITHER PART TIME OR FULL TIME AVAILABILITY IN THE FALL
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Finance or
- All candidates must have a minimum 2.8 GPA, at least sophomore
- Problem solving, project management and communication skills are
all necessary, as is the ability to operate in a team
- SOX Compliance knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP.
- Candidates should also have computer skills in Google suites, MS
Excel, MS Word.
- Each rotation typically culminates with a formal report-out
presentation to a group of GAF leadership from multiple functional
At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. GAF is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer
competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all
full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and GAF, Hawk, SGI, and Siplast are proud to
be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or
Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that
requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for
positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without
need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
Keywords: GAF, Kenner , Accounting Intern ($21.00/hr), Human Resources , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!