Bell Captain - NOPSI Hotel
Company: NOPSI Hotel, New Orleans
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 24, 2019
Supervise, train, schedule and evaluate Bell Persons, Door Persons
and Drivers ensuring that all procedures are performed to the
hotel's standards. Lead team in serving guests in a hospitable
manner to ensure positive guest experience during arrival and
* Evaluate the staffing requirements and prepare work schedules
weekly, adhering to budget goals. Ensure that sufficient staffing
is present to meet the daily business demands.
* Prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work to staff.
Assign specific tasks as they arise to the staff according to the
* Ensure that the Bell Desk is attended at all times; that all
posting positions are maintained.
* Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each
associate (arrivals/departures, group functions, etc).
* Ensure staff's knowledge of hotel services, features and
* Answer telephone promptly, using correct greeting and telephone
etiquette. Document guest calls/requests for Bell Person
* Maintain security and accurate record of all guest room keys
issued to Bell and Door Staff.
* Monitor and ensure that Bell and Door Staff perform their job
functions to the hotel's expected level of service.
* Conduct performance appraisals of designated staff pursuant to
HEI policies and procedures.
* Determine and provide training needs to staff.
* Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient
* Coordinate group luggage requirements.
* Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of
* Prepare work orders for equipment repairs and distribute to
* Monitor and maintain the condition of lobby, hotel entrance, bell
desk and luggage storage areas.
* Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records and tip
* Ensure that all pertinent information is documented in the log
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
* Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
* Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job
duties and be a team player with or without reasonable
* Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
* Superior communication skills to provide information and
associated services to hotel management and guests.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with associates, customers and patrons. Motivate staff and maintain
a cohesive team.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: NOPSI Hotel, New Orleans, Kenner , Bell Captain - NOPSI Hotel, Hospitality & Tourism , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!