COOK (FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME)
Company: Morrison Healthcare
Posted on: November 23, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time and part-time COOK
- Location: Ochsner Kenner - 180 West Esplanade Ave., Kenner, LA
70065. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time and Part-time schedules available; open
availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon
- Requirement: Hospitality/restaurant experience preferred.We
Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging?
Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1126565.The
advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you
apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message
and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help.
Terms and conditions: Make a difference in the lives of people,
your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with
Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and
empower you to transform healthcare experiences. Take a look for
yourself at the !Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and
nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more
than 806 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power
of Food to create personalized dining experiences for patients and
in their caf--s to advance the healing and healthful missions of
its clients. Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest
health systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary,
nutritional, and operational expertise to provide consistency and
transform the healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized
as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the
8th time and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training
Magazine in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a
2018 Best Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired
CEO. Morrison is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within
Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300
executive chefs, and 21,000 professional food service team members.
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state
and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with
established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service
is provided at all times. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized
recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct
portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at
the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all
prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high
standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in
accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food
and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to
the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
- Performs other duties as assigned. Associates at Morrison
Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.Both full-time and
part-time positions offer the following -benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)About Compass Group: Achieving
leadership in the foodservice industryCompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. - At Compass, we are committed to treating
all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
-Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. -Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. -*Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Req ID: -1126565 -
Keywords: Morrison Healthcare, Kenner , COOK (FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!