Prep Cook, New Orleans Airport
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Travel Hospitality Services is
hiring a Prep Cook to join our team at New Orleans Airport in
Kenner, Louisiana. As a Prep Cook, you will be responsible for
overseeing the preparation of food for guests in compliance with
company policies and procedures. Position starts at $14.25/hour
Full Time Employee Total Rewards Package:Delaware North believes in
a total rewards package that helps us recruit and retain the best
associates in the industry. We have a comprehensive benefits
program designed to give our associates the comfort, safety and
stability they need to serve our guests each and every day. Below
is a listing of many of our benefits:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Shift Differential
- Paid Meals
- Paid time off including personal Holidays, Holidays, sick days
- Paid ParkingResponsibilities
- Retrieve all items necessary for preparation from storage
- Prepare specific food items and stations; set up for
- Prepare food products according to company standards and
- Maintain food, utensils, and equipment in a clean and orderly
- Maintain kitchen with minimal spillage and breakage.
- Label, date, and wrap food products adhering to ServSafe
- Follow all safety, security, and kitchen procedures.
- Train food preparers about daily job duties.
- Ensure daily duties are carried out by food preparers.
- Assist with the inventory.Qualifications
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely such as knives and small
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to delegate tasks and assignments.
- Prior food preparation experience preferred.Physical
- Frequent standing and walking for the entire length of
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, and whip, a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending and squatting.Who We Are For more than 35
years, Delaware North has been providing hospitality services at
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Travelers can
expect an authentic taste of The Big Easy with dining options
including Folse Market, Leah's Kitchen, and Ye Old College Inn.At
Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and
how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Kenner , Prep Cook, New Orleans Airport, Hospitality & Tourism , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!