Executive Chef, New Orleans Airport
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Travel and Hospitality is
searching for an Executive Chef to join our team at New Orleans
Airport in Kenner, Louisiana. Our ideal Executive Chef candidate
shares our passion for delivering the highest quality of food,
wine, and service to guests - taking great pride in your work and
the impact you have on a moment or occasion. You're an innovative
recipe developer, an inspiring leader, and someone who invests time
in continuous learning and improvement. You would be partening with
a New Orleans culinary legendary restaurants Brands - Leah Chase,
who was the nation's pre-eminent Creole chef. At Delaware North, we
care about our associates. We are committed to invest in our
people's personal and professional journeys, without you, there is
no us. These are just some of the benefits we offer: health,
dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
performance bonuses, paid vacation days and holidays, and generous
friends-and-family discounts at many of our hotels and resorts.
Click here to learn more . Responsibilities
- Lead and cook by example and provide guidance to all team
members. Ensure kitchen operations are established and can run
smoothly and efficiently in your absence.
- Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and
standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all
cooks are following these standards.
- Coordinate training activities for kitchen and back-of-house
associates to meet service level standards.
- Hire, train, and mobilize kitchen and service teams with
precision to provide impeccable service to our guests.
- Determination of purchasing specifications and budgetary
allotments for all menu items.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth
progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company
policies,service procedures and standards - including Health
Department regulations; always maintains excellent kitchen hygiene
- Have a working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor
tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost
management, inventory control,and hiring,counseling, andtermination
- Make periodic and regular inspection at events to observe
quality of food preparation and service, food appearance,
cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas,
equipment, and employee appearance. Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Executive Chef in a
high-volume industry-leading concept with 5 years' culinary
experience in established restaurants and catering companies.
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- ServSafe and Food Safety Handler certifications required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working
with and an understanding of P&Ls and budgeting.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill
to create exciting and accessible new dishes, appropriate for the
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate business
- Proven ability to direct staff clearly and concisely while
positively influencing employee behavior and performance.
- Maintains openness and willingness to learn new techniques and
- Think quickly, multitask, and adapt to changing situations
while maintaining the highest quality of product and other
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs
(especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate
point-of-sale (POS) systems and any other required operating
machines (i.e. cooking machinery).
- Skilled in direct interaction with guests. Who We Are For more
than 35 years, Delaware North has been providing hospitality
services at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.
Travelers can expect an authentic taste of The Big Easy with dining
options including Folse Market, Leah's Kitchen, and Ye Old College
Inn. At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us. Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Kenner , Executive Chef, New Orleans Airport, Hospitality & Tourism , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!