Sous Chef at New Orleans International Airport
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Our Exciting Work EnvironmentFor more than 35 years, Delaware North
has been providing hospitality services at Louis Armstrong New
Orleans International Airport. Travelers can expect an authentic
taste of The Big Easy with restaurant concepts from the family of
legendary New Orleans chef Leah Chase and renowned Cajun chef John
Folse.The ideal candidate will act as a team leader and motivator
for kitchen staff, thus strong interpersonal skills and being a
clear communicator are essential.Responsibilities
- The successful Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting our
Executive Chef with daily supervision and production of all food
- Assist in hiring, development, training and mentoring of staff
and act as a resource to them.
- Coach, counsel and assist in conducting performance evaluations
of production team.
- Perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training
- Plan menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product
ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and
local Health Department Regulations.Qualifications
- Three years Culinary Arts experience, including previous
experience in a management role. More specifically, experience as a
in a high-volume operation.
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu
development and costing. Familiar with ordering and inventory
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Excellent Organization skills and Multitasking
- Ability to coach, develop and train others
- Ability to follow and write bulk recipes for production and
- Knowledge of restaurant operations, including fine dining, and
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is essential.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
- ACF certification preferred. Must obtain certification within 2
years of employment.
- Candidate must complete a cooking practical.Who We AreTake your
career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.At Delaware North,
you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day
unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports,
national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no
telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you
to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability
and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things
happen - share our vision, grow with us.Delaware North is one of
the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world.
Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100
years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places
such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks,
destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional
casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating
special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a
half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the
sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks,
resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual
revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a
global leader in hospitality, at .All applicants will be subject to
a pre-employment background check and may be subject to
a--pre-employment--drug test depending upon the position and/or
client requirements.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status.-- Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Kenner , Sous Chef at New Orleans International Airport, Hospitality & Tourism , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!