Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Coordinator - ED/ICU - Kenner - Days
Company: Ochsner Health System
Posted on: March 12, 2019
We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways. At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!This job provides for the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the framework of the Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code for nurses and Standards for Nursing Practice. Impacts patient care by improving clinical nursing practice through consultation, role modeling, and educational programs. Works collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and other health care providers in the clinic and hospital settings and provides nursing care and education to patients of all assigned age groups. Responsible for own practice and supports department philosophy of nursing. Provides nursing care and education for an assigned patient population.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at Ochsner's discretion. Education Required - Registered Nurse diploma Preferred - Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing Work Experience Required - 5 years experience or 3 years experience with a BSN Certifications Required - Current RN License in the state of practice Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association Preferred - Certification in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) from the American Heart Association. Clinical certification in area of expertise Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Good organizational skills to set priorities and make critical decisions Job Duties
- Assesses patient's health status (physiologic, psychosocial, emotional, cultural and spiritual). Gathers and integrates patient data to assist in the development of an individualized plan of care utilizing appropriate reference material (standard of care, triage protocols, policies, procedures, patient education materials, etc.).
- Organizes, prioritizes, and implements interventions to promote patient safety and meet patient needs within the continuum of care (Hospital, Clinics, and Home Health). This includes: Pre-Op Procedures, Teaching, Appointment Scheduling, Prescription Refills, Results Reporting and Telephone Triage, and continuity of care.
- Provides care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the ages of patients/customers served in assigned area.
- Communicates and educates patients and family members regarding critical medical information.
- Trains new employees in a professional, calm and positive manner, which facilitates a cooperative and collaborative environment to improve care or resolve problems.
- Demonstrates effective adaptation to change in systems, practices, technology and accommodates fluctuating variables in practice setting such as patient volume; patient acuity; skill, experience and training of personnel; utilization of supplies and equipment; utilization of manpower resources.
- Maintains current clinical knowledge base and skill level by attending appropriate in-services/education programs and identifying own developmental needs seeking opportunities / experience (i.e., specialty training, certification, etc.).
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style. Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time. Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards. Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns. Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Physical and Environmental Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible. Mechanical lifting devices (carts, dollies, etc.) or team lifts should be utilized. Must be able to stoop, bend, reach and grab with arms and hands, manual dexterity. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to work a flexible schedule (24/7, weekend, holiday, on call availability). Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue. The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to all communicable diseases. Are you ready to make a difference at Ochsner and live our values of Patient's First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, & Teamwork? Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at (select option 1) or . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. ---EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish. Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Keywords: Ochsner Health System, Kenner , Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Coordinator - ED/ICU - Kenner - Days, Healthcare , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!