Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Acute - Full Time - Kenner
Company: Ochsner Health System
Posted on: November 9, 2018
We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job plans, organizes, and conducts occupational therapy treatment programs based upon guidelines defined under the state practice act. Maintains patient care records, evaluates the patient---s response to treatment and recommends treatment plan changes and participates in in-service and continuing education programs. Participates in special departmental programs and assists with program development/enhancement.
Required - Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy
Required - None.
Required - Current Louisiana occupational therapy license or eligibility for licensure by examination or reciprocity from another state, Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information. Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information
Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
- Performs age and diagnosis appropriate evaluations and treatments.
- Maintains patient records according to documentation standards, policies and procedures.
- Recommends alternative plans to accommodate overall department needs and is flexible with schedule adjustments.
- Attains established productivity levels set forth by administration and conducts professional development, required training, and credentialing.
- May be required to educate and train others within discipline.
- Provides direction and guidance to Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style. Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you ready to make a difference at Ochsner and live our values of Patient's First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, & Teamwork?
Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish .
Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Keywords: Ochsner Health System, Kenner , Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Acute - Full Time - Kenner, Healthcare , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!