Rad Tech - Rad Tech job in Kenner, LA
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Radiologic Technologist (Rad Tech) Travel Job
Radiological Technologists operate X-ray and fluoroscopic equipment
to assist radiologists and physicians with diagnosing and treating
diseases and injuries. As a Radiologic Technologist, or
Radiographer, you will be supervised by a board-certified
radiologist but afforded a great amount of independence and
responsibility. In this position, you will also act as the primary
liaison between patients, radiologists, and other members of the
Radiologic Technologist Rad Tech Responsibilities:
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis and
adjusts and sets radiographic controls, such as kilovoltage and
milliamperage, to prescribed specifications for proper timing of
- Rad Tech reviews and evaluates developed x-rays, video tape, or
computer-generated information to determine if images are
satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply
with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and
- Radiographer takes X-rays of patients' chest, limbs, or other
parts of the body as requested by physicians.
- Administers contrast media to patients for gastrointestinal and
other special studies.
- Monitors patients' conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal
signs to physician.
- Performs radiographic procedures for patients in
- Protects patient and other personnel from radiation
- Radiology Technologist keys commands and data into computer to
document and specify sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers,
or photograph certain images, and distributes films to appropriate
- Radiological Technician develops, fixes, washes, and dries
exposed films using film processing and drying equipment.
- Maintain and prepare required records such as patient records,
daily logbooks, and monthly reports.
- Rad Tech maintains quantity and quality control checks to
assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and
- Radiographer cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to
radiographic equipment, including determining repairs needed for
equipment and ensuring radiographic supplies and film are
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or
injured and assume responsibility for the mental and physical
comfort of patients as well as their safety.
- Rad Tech uses professional and ethical judgment and critical
thinking when performing duties and makes suggestions for solving
problems of moderate complexity and importance.
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Kenner , Rad Tech - Rad Tech job in Kenner, LA, Healthcare , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!