Patient Care Assistant 1 - (US) - Home Therapies Care Team Asst
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Job Description Kenner, Louisiana Job ID R0028474
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Entry level position working in the home therapies setting under
the oversight of the HTRN to assist in coordinating patient
appointments and ensuring an outstanding patient experience. Will
serve as the point of contact as it relates to the patient's
appointment from check in to departure including supporting the
Patient Care Teams' needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists with administrative duties related to the patient's
* Greets new and existing patients and notifies Patient Care Team
of their arrival.
* Schedules appointments and places appointment reminder calls;
including scheduling appointments for access placement and
* Answers home therapy program calls and follows up on voice mails
with the applicable care team member.
* Coordinates transportation assistance as needed.
* Prepares room/ space for patient arrival: Ensuring space is clean
and meets FMCNA Infection Control standards.
* Places supply orders and follows up on any patient related orders
with customer service, as needed.
* Medical Director follow up assistance: MD billing, chart
reminders, credentialing, orders and care plan meetings.
* Prepares needed items for each patient including education
materials and lab supplies. Tracks extension set changes, vaccine
due dates and hospitalizations.
* Tracks transplant referral and any follow up needed.
* Ensures patients' records are available for review.
* Assists with other administrative duties as assigned.
Assists HT RN with the following during patient appointments:
* Assists patients as needed to and from the waiting area.
* Obtains height, weight and vital signs.
* Performs venipunctures for laboratory testing ONLY.
* Processes laboratory samples.
* Follows up on referrals and additional appointments needed from
* Documents patient information as applicable.
Responsible for record and supply room maintenance including but
not limited to the following:
* Files and uploads records.
* Stores documents.
* Tracks transfer set changes, Kt/Vs, CIA, POC home visits,
vaccines, hospitalizations, infections and monthly education.
* Tracks MD and employee certifications, licensures and annual
* Medical record retention checklist.
* Transplantation-lab collecting and tracking.
* Checks for expired medications, lab tubes and supplies.
* Counting and ordering nonprescription supplies.
* Assists in ordering supplies including medication
* Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
* Keeps assigned areas cleaned and stocked for future patient
* Assures confidentiality of patient information and medical
* Participates as part of Care Team Hub in addition to other
assigned duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness
test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara
Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company
will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
* This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of being in
front of a computer as well as phone work.
* The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
* Maybe exposed to infectious and contagious
* This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
* The employee may occasionally be required to push and/or pull
equipment, exerting up to 15 pounds of force. The employee may be
required to lift and to lower solutions on a frequent basis of up
to 30 lbs., and on an occasional lift basis up to 40 lbs., as high
as 5 feet. There is a two-person assist program and material assist
devices for the heavier items
* May be required to travel to assist in other local Home
facilities in the region.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
* High School Diploma or G.E.D required
* CPR certified
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* 0 to 6 months experience preferred
* Entry level position with strong interest in working in a health
* Prior experience in a physician office or hospital preferred.
* Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
* Proficient in MS Office Suite preferred.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Kenner , Patient Care Assistant 1 - (US) - Home Therapies Care Team Asst, Healthcare , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!