Registered Nurse (RN) - Diabetic Educator
Company: Ochsner Health
Posted on: May 5, 2022
This job serves as the teacher/facilitator/consultant who works
collaboratively with nursing and organizational management to
implement the educational goals for the company. Assesses the need
for, plans, organizes, implements and evaluates education and
training activities. Assists all personnel to acquire, maintain, or
improve psychomotor, cognitive and effective learning that will
provide continuously improving patient care outcomes and/or improve
processes and management systems.EducationRequired - Bachelor's
degree in nursing.Preferred - Master's degree in nursing.
Work ExperienceRequired - 3 years of nursing experience.
CertificationsRequired - Current RN license in the state of
practice.Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart
Association.Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Proficiency in using computers, software, and web-based
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability
to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels
of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work across
organizational lines to meet objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to routinely manage
priorities and projects involving multiple constituencies.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work with
frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to work in stressful situations, remaining objective
and professional at all times.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule (e.g. 24/7, weekend,
holiday, on call availability).
- Assesses, designs, presents and provides evaluation of
educational program for clinical and non-clinical staff based on
- Actively participates in groups and professional
- Functions as a performance consultant.
- Coordinates training facilities and other resources.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or
this description amended at any time.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not
limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of
force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of
force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for
sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may
be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or
hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport,
storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or
disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may
increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Keywords: Ochsner Health, Kenner , Registered Nurse (RN) - Diabetic Educator, Healthcare , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!