Sign On Bonus! - Surgical Technician - First Assistant - Labor & Delivery - Kenner
Company: Ochsner Health
Posted on: January 11, 2022
This job collaborates with the surgeon and the healthcare team
in performing a safe operation with optimal results for the
patient. Performs these functions under the direction and
supervision of the surgeon and in accordance with hospital policy
and appropriate laws and regulations. In collaboration with
surgical technologist performs separate roles which is defined by
job description and advanced education which requires knowledge in
the use of surgical instruments on tissues versus the handling of
instruments.EducationRequired - High school diploma or
equivalent.Preferred- Certified course in Endoscopic Saphenous Vein
Work ExperienceRequired - 5 years of experience working in
surgery.Preferred - 2 years of experience in Surgical First
CertificationsRequired - Certification from an accredited Surgical
First Assistant Program.Basic Life Support (BLS) from American
Heart Association.Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Skilled in suturing and saphenous vein harvesting.
- Strong knowledge of sterile technique.
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to demonstrate good
- Basic analytical skills.
- Proficiency in using computers, software, and web-based
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability
to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels
of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Ability to travel throughout and between facilities.
- Practices strict adherence to sterile technique.
- Facilitates preparation of the patient for surgery.
- Provides visualization of the operative field.
- Under the direct supervision of the surgeon, harvests the
saphenous vein for coronary artery grafting purposes.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques to assist with closure of body
- Selects and applies appropriate wound dressing and secures
drainage system or intra aortic balloon pump to tissue.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including
but not limited to respect for privacy, method of introduction to
the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be
performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Performs other related duties as required.The above statements
describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an
exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and
skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
Physical and Environmental DemandsThe physical essential functions
of this job include (but are not limited to) the following:
Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects;
occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand
requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Because the incumbent works
within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for
exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the
environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation,
dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of
contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase
depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Keywords: Ochsner Health, Kenner , Sign On Bonus! - Surgical Technician - First Assistant - Labor & Delivery - Kenner, Healthcare , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!