Care Partner- Nurse (Full Time, Part Time and PRN)
Company: Laketown Village, Residential Care & Memory Care
Posted on: January 9, 2021
LPN/LVNFull Time, Part Time and PRNPOSITION SUMMARY: Nurse
responsible for passing meds, per state requirements, Resident
services and other duties as assigned. Delegating duties to the
other Associates and volunteers as appropriate. Duties can include
personal services, social-recreational activities, delegated tasks,
medication assistance, meal services and others as needed for
Resident care and service delivery. Trains other Associates as
assigned. Provides health care related oversight when the Wellness
Director and/or Assistant Wellness Director is absent. Promotes the
Company s mission statement.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Adheres to and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity,
privacy, independence, choice individuality and a home-like
environment for Residents.
- Responsible for medication assistance or administration of
medications, according to the state requirements.
- Provides oversight to Associates when the Wellness Director
and/or Assistant Wellness Director is absent, as assigned.
- Receives and gives report from the previous shift and to the
next shift. Reviews Associates schedules and service delivery tasks
- Director/Wellness Director/Assistant Director.
- Reads Associates communication records and maintains
familiarity with Resident records as required.
- Assists with scheduled residents activities of daily living/ADL
s, environmental orientation, assistance with medication,
treatments and other care while encouraging self-care and
- Provides services as indicated on Resident assessment and
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for
Residents, Associates and visitors, including provision of
housekeeping services for Residents.
- Observes problems, concerns, issues observed with Resident
apartments, the building and the grounds and communicates them to
the Maintenance Director.
- Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and
communicates them to the Wellness Director and/or Assistant
- Reports Community Associate concerns and/or issues to the
Wellness Director, Assistant
- Wellness Director and/or Executive Director, as
- Observes all work, safety and administrative policy training in
performing all job assignments.
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
- Records Resident information as required.
- Acts as a lead trainer and mentor for Associates.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire,
life safety, disaster,security, work, safety and other emergency
- Assists with individual Resident and group social recreational
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures
relating to Resident care and oversight of all health care related
- Provides assistance in supervision and oversight as assigned in
provision of all Resident services, including the coordination of
those provided by independently contracted ancillary health care
providers as requested by Residents and families. Ensures the
- Resident s assessed needs are provided to Community Care
- Partners/Resident Care Associates for service delivery
- Participates in service plan conferences as required.
- Assures accurate transcription of physician orders into
treatment/medication record within state requirements.
- Assists as directed with move-in and orientation of new
Residents and designated agent(s).
- Reviews Resident service records, treatment and medication
books to assure quality of care.
- Verifies physician orders, move-in/move-out information and
initiates appropriate action/follow-up within state
- Assists in the ordering of medications from pharmacy within
- Assists in the coordination of therapeutic diet orders with
Associates as required.
- Assures proper records are maintained and documented as
designated Communicates health emergencies to determine emergency
medical measures taken regarding Resident care to the Wellness
Director and/or Assistant Wellness Director. Acts as
- Resident advocate in medical-social situations involving
Resident and/or designated agents, physician, other agents or
- Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations related to
Resident care (i.e. HIPAA, State Regulations and OSHA, etc.).
- Maintains a professional demeanor with all Residents, families
and friends, professional referrals and the general public in
representing the Community and the Company. Reports all suspicions
of abuse, neglect and/or financial exploitations of a Resident
immediately to the supervisor, as described in the Company s policy
and procedures on reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.QUALIFICATIONS:
- A passion for helping seniors
- Current license as an LVN/LPN or RN
- 1 or more years experience as an LVN/LPN or RN in an Assisted
Living or Memory Care community
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Must be familiar with drug actions and interactions and possess
accurate and comprehensive assessment skills
- Patience and courtesy in dealing with residents and
- Desire to work with seniors to maintain the optimum level of
function directly through the supervision of Care Partners, CNA's,
Medication Aides and other members of the resident services
- Decision making and communication skills
- Ability to assist with transfer of residents regardless of body
weight without endangering the resident, self, or other
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively with
residents, families, guests, and other associates in English
Keywords: Laketown Village, Residential Care & Memory Care, Kenner , Care Partner- Nurse (Full Time, Part Time and PRN), Healthcare , Kenner, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!