Director of Loan Operations
Company: Hancock Whitney
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: September 20, 2019
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the
button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in
with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to
your application information. You may review, modify, or update
your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
The Director of Loan Operations is responsible for the overall day
to day management of Loan Operations including planning,
organizing, communication and successful execution of processes for
Loan Operation activities in compliance with applicable laws,
regulatory and investor guidelines. This position manages
production and associate development across multiple environments
focusing on optimization and increasing efficiency to support the
Company s growth. This group supports funding, booking, servicing
and collateral management for Consumer, Business Banking,
Commercial, Corporate/Middle Market and Specialty Lending for the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops and implements the execution of strategic operational
policies and tactical procedures to promote the organization s loan
* Drives value for the bank by improving service delivery, enhanced
customer experience, managing complexity and change, assessing
risk, and balancing strategy and execution with the desired level
of business performance.
* Oversees Loan Operations department on day to day operations
across functional teams, for loan processing including related
funding, booking, collateral control, imaging, lien perfection,
file retention, exception processing, monetary and non-monetary
maintenance, quality control, procedures, training, communications,
reporting, projects, research/resolution, lending help desk,
compliance/regulatory support, escrow, tax, insurance and business
* Provides management oversight of 3rd party vendors and service
providers for Loan Operations.
* Serves as subject matter expert on Loan Operation activities
throughout the organization.
* Provides guidance to Loan Operations staff fostering an
environment encouraging associate participation, teamwork and
* Collaborates with internal business partners on projects,
priorities and strategies.
* Maintains overall awareness of lending throughout the bank,
identifies synergies and opportunities available across lines of
business related to like functions and processes.
* Participates in internal and external training to maintain
knowledge of Bank products; attend operational review and exception
meetings and keep abreast of all credit policies.
* Recommends improvements and takes necessary actions to make
updates to policies, procedures and technological tools to ensure
an effective and competitive operating environment.
* Ensures cost effectiveness of all Loan Operations processes.
* Ensures adherence to all applicable federal, state, and local
laws in addition to bank policies and procedures including but not
limited to the Code of Ethics, Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act,
Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act, Regulations Q& X, record
* Strong knowledge of laws, regulations, developments and trends in
the lending industry and maintains expertise in internal policies
and procedures. Works with key business partners to determine
improvements and makes recommendations to Executive Management.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws; Provides
guidance and oversight to and is responsible for the coordination
and evaluation of the assigned team. Responsibilities may include
interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning
and directing work; performance management; associate compensation;
approving expense reports; addressing concerns and resolving
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related
* 10+ years of experience in financial service operations is
required; an equivalent combination of education and experience may
* Previous experience in commercial banking loan operations with
increasing level of managerial responsibility, and building of
automated Loan Operations environment is preferred.
* Software-knowledge of a common LOS and LAS
* Strong knowledge of all Loan Operation functions
* Potential for travel in this role up to 20% of the time.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate related equipment to perform the essential job
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform
the essential job functions
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to
perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to
lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing
the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be
accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical
This job description is only valid as of the date it was revised.
Please contact the HR Compensation Department to obtain the latest
version. Information contained herein should be treated as
confidential to Hancock Whitney.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO
ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of
disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran,
disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock Whitney, Kenner , Director of Loan Operations, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!